Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Distraction

So, I haven't been too active in this blog recently. Not that I haven't been working on my Enfields. I've done a bit of work on the 500cc engine, and I'm working on adapting a set of Suzuki GT 750 front forks for the Interceptor.

But I got a bit distracted by my 1965 BMW the last few weeks.
I've got this idea that I need to mount some dual sport tires on it. Obviously, I can't run this type of tires all the time, so I needed some wheels. I have wheels. All of them rather tatty, a bit rusty...
So the distraction from my preferred project was rebuilding two of these old wheels to mount a pair of Shinko 244 3.50x18 dual sport tires ($44.95).

I didn't take any "before" pictures. Here's what I ended up with after a two week distraction.







The BMW is now ready for any adventure.

And back to work on the Enfields. Stay tuned, I'm almost ready to post pictures of a very interesting set of forks.

1 comment:

  1. You may think you will keep these bikes forever, but if you are like many of us, you will always be in the market for new projects as time goes by ...meaning eventual resale, of course. I really believe in fitting original or replica parts from India in terms of future re-sale value, or at least keeping the originals available to pass on later on, when it comes time to sell. Evidently you have a lot of experience with motorcycle restoration, so it surprises me a little that you would consider fitting a Suzuki front end to an Interceptor. You can purchase an original (replica) Enfield type front end from India for a song, and the two I have bought so far for my restorations are of superb quality, and perform very well. Just my $.02 cents. :)

    ReplyDelete